We are eight days into 2019! It’s been great to hear what everyone is aspiring to accomplish this year, and I find that writing a specific, manageable list is helpful for me.
I was channeling my inner Carrie Bradshaw for the above New Years look in my fabulous tulle skirt by Portland-based fashion brand Tulle on Lace. I had the pleasure of meeting the designer Harriet at FashioNXT in October, and she is so sweet and incredibly talented. You will definitely see me styling this skirt for more occasions and blog posts this year!
Today, I’m rounding up eight of my favorite looks from 2018, and also sharing some goals for 2019–from my booklist, to travel plans, to blog goals and personal resolutions.
8 Favorite Looks from 2018
Classic chic attire with a statement scarf (see original post here)
Yellow Gown: Eliza J (similar)
A bright floral gown for our friends’ wedding in Miami (see original post here)
A striped jumpsuit that was perfect for dinner on our Caribbean cruise (see original post here)
A comfy athleisure look for a date night at our local drive-in theater (see original post here)
A fun weekend look featuring my fave Kate Moss graphic tee and a windowpane-print blazer (see original post here)
A layered look for crisp fall days with a faux suede vest and a versatile striped tee (see original post here)
Cozy neutrals and a camel coat for fall/winter (see original post here)
A faux suede jacket layered with a cable-knit sweater and black skinny jeans (see original post here)
This list isn’t complete yet, but here’s what I have so far:
- Finish a series: I really enjoyed Crazy Rich Asians, and I plan to read the sequels.
- A Young Adult novel: I haven’t chosen one yet, any suggestions??? (I loved both The Hunger Games and Divergent series, so I definitely enjoy dystopias.)
- A classic that I’ve never read before: Either Jane Austen’s novel Persuasion or Emma (maybe both).
- Re-read some old favorites: The Stranger, The Bell Jar, and Great Expectations are some of my all-time faves.
- A short story collection: To be determined
- A poetry collection: I’m thinking about revisiting Shakespeare’s sonnets (I read a lot of them in college), but would also like to read some modern poetry as well.
- A contemporary bestseller: Harry Potter and the Cursed Child (it’s been sitting on my bookshelf for a couple years, so I figure it’s about time I finally read it).
- Nonfiction: Dirt Is Good (I’m a bit of a germaphobe, and I was gifted this book awhile back.)
- Paris: traveling to the City of Lights later this year to celebrate my mom’s 60th birthday (this has been on her bucket list for a long time!).
- Italy: traveling to the Amalfi Coast and Cinque Terre with my husband (we honeymooned in Italy, and we’re so excited to go back for more of a coastal vibe this time around).
- California: attending the wedding of my husband’s cousin. We don’t get to see his extended family often so we’re really looking forward to this!
- Oregon Shakespeare Festival: I enjoyed this so much for my birthday last year and would love to go again this summer!
Goals for the Blog & Social Media
- On Instagram I’ve decided to start doing Workwear Wednesdays. I always get a lot of positive feedback on my posts about business attire, so I want to make this a more regular feature.
- I also get a lot of great feedback on my posts that illustrate how to style an item multiple ways (these have been some of my favorite posts to put together!).
- Reach 10k Instagram followers. Right now I’m not far from 6k, but the 10k goal is a blogger milestone on Instagram because of the swipe up feature you gain access to in Stories!
- Be consistently active on Pinterest
- Collaborate and build relationships with local designers, boutiques, and bloggers
- Attend New York Fashion Week as a blogger (this one is more of a long term goal, but definitely something I want on the list!)
Personal Goals, Big and Small
- Go ice skating at least once a month: Skating over the holidays always makes me realize how much I miss my skating days and that being on the ice still brings me a lot of joy. For years I’ve been telling myself that I’ll skate more frequently, and I want this to be the year I finally do it!
- Work on my strength and endurance: I wish I was one of those people like my husband who absolutely loves going to the gym (and believe me, I’ve tried). Instead, I’m going to start with small changes like taking the stairs at work and going for a walk during lunch. I’m also looking into purchasing a stationary bike to use at home.
- Save more $$$: In all honesty, I’ve always been more of a spender than a saver, and I’m currently reading up on strategies to save more consistently. My husband and I have been working hard at paying off his student loans.
- Improve on organization: I’ve heard rave reviews about the Netflix show Tidying Up With Marie Kondo, and I could definitely use some more organization in my life.
- Weekly journal: I received a really thoughtful Christmas gift from my cousin’s girlfriend called 52 Lists for Happiness by Moorea Seal, which has weekly writing prompts for the entire year. Super excited about this one!
- Host afternoon tea: Tea, mini sandwiches, and decadent pastries make for the perfect get-together! Macarons from St. Honore Boulangerie would be a sweet dessert option for an afternoon tea.
What are your goals for this year, personally and professionally? Any travels or adventures planned?
I also would love to know: which of these looks from 2018 is your favorite? Share in the comments below! ❤️
I hope you have a wonderful week, and thanks so much for stopping by!